The Workshop on Intelligent Cinematography and Editing (WICED) aims to bring together an interdisciplinary group of researchers and industrial experts from fields including 3D graphics, artificial intelligence, visualization, interactive narrative, cognitive and perceptual psychology, computational linguistics, computational aesthetics, visual effects and others who are working on the many related aspects of automatic camera control.
The second edition of the workshop will be held in Crete from the 14th to the 17th of May within the International Conference on the Foundations of Digital Games 2013.
More information can be found on the workshop’s website: http://wiced.cameracontrol.org.
These are some videos of the presentations given during the 2012 edition:
- Survey of Physical Controllers for Virtual Cameras
- A Review of Film Editing Techniques for Digital Games
- Film Editing for Third Person Games and Machinima
- A Virtual Pre-K Classroom for Teacher Education
- Optimising For Multiple Shots: An Analysis of Solutions Diversity in Virtual Camera Composition
- A Comprehension Based Cinematic Generator for Virtual Environments